Saturday, September 24, 2011

Third Trimester! (and pregnancy update)

I can't believe that I'm officially in my third trimester.  This pregnancy seems to progress more and more quickly.  Less than 90 days to go!

General Pregnancy Update:

How far along: 27 weeks

How big is baby: According to the What to Expect When You're Expecting bible, Ryder is estimated to be approximately 15 inches in length (more than a foot long!) and weigh over two pounds.  This boggles my mind!  A foot+ long baby in my belly?  Really?

Total weight gain:  I have no idea where my weight stands at this point.  My next appointment is on the 3rd.  I dread the weigh-in.  I'm really hoping that I've only gained 3 or 4 pounds since my last appointment (which was a month ago), but nothing will surprise me.  I feel large (and not just my belly).

Belly button; Stretch Marks: Still no stretch marks, but I've heard that when they appear, it is sudden.  So there is no telling whether they'll invade my body or not.  I'm still resorting to nighly lotion rubs and lots of praying.  The belly button has gotten VERY shallow. 

Last Dr's Appt: I've already reviewed my last doctor's appointment.  My next one is in 9 days (October 3rd).  I'll have my glucose tolerance test, blood work, a check-up with the doc and an ultrasound.

Maternity clothes: Duh.  This becomes a very stupid pregnancy survey category at a certain point.  I think I shall remove it from the list in future blog entries.


How am I feeling: The acid reflux is horrendous as of the last few days.  I wake up with it in the morning and it sticks around all day.  I feel like I have a volcano in my belly that is spitting random eruptions of lava up in to my esophagus.  It sucks.  Tums sometimes help and sometimes don't.  I probably should take something stronger, but I really hate medicating myself while pregnant.

My fingers and feet are also swelling.  Putting my rings on in the morning is now a huge risk, as I have to literally pry them off at night.  I'm hoping that colder weather will give me some more time with my dearest wedding band and engagement ring, but the reality is that I'll probably have to forgo them altogether in the near, near future.  When I wake up, my feet hurt and when I go to bed at night, my feet hurt.  I think this is simply do to some minor swelling.  Suck.

Energy level is still good and despite the indigestion and swelling, I'm feeling pretty great overall.  I'm still going to my pilates class twice a week, and I'm proud about that.

Mood Swings and Food Cravings:  I've felt a little more emotional lately.  Hormones must be raging.  In terms of cravings: I still just generally feel hungry most of the time.  I'm hoping my appetitie will calm down so that I don't morph into a whale.  I'm digging icecream (especially Blue Bell cookies and cream), and still enjoy a morning bowl of Lucky Charms on a daily basis.

Milestones: As you know from last week's post, BBH has been named.  I find myself almost referring to him as BBH, and then I have to remind myself that he has been name-ified.  Sweet little Ryder.

Also, the crib and dresser/changing table have been set up in Ryder's nursery.  I love popping in there to admire his quickly developing nursery.  My favorite neighbor Emily came over last week and helped me set up his bedding in the crib so that I could see what the final product will look like.  I love it!  Ryder's nursery will officially have an elephant theme and the colors are green and chocolate brown.  The nursery will have a modern/contemporary edge to it (as does the rest of our house).  We still need to order a glider, which we've been working on.

What I'm looking forward to: My first shower is in 2 weeks.  I can't wait!  I'm so excited and can't believe how soon it will be here. 


Preparations and decisions being made:  We still need to find and order a glider.  This is a priority at this point since it might take a while to come in.  Otherwise, I feel like we've made major progress and most big decisions have already been made!  It is now time to start thinking about/planning for the bris.  I need a rabbi, a snipper (i.e. a Mohel), and someone to tell me how I'm supposed to host this thing at my house 8 days after giving birth.



2 comments:

  1. adorable! i love how you are taking your pics in the same outfit - super smart. i told myself after wyatt that I would be better about taking pics the second pregnancy but alas, it has been another fail ;) GOOD JOB MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete