Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elizabeth (Big-Cousin-To-Be)

My three year old niece Elizabeth is truly too cute for words... but I'll try.  Mostly, I want to document some of the precious things that she is saying so that BBH can read them when he is older.

Whenever I see Elizabeth, she LOVES to pat my belly and say "how is the baby doing?" (in the cutest three year old voice ever).  She asks how the baby is doing no less than 10 times every time I see her.  Yet, I don't get sick of the question.

Blake and I have both asked Elizabeth what we should name BBH on several occasions (hey, might as well look for a little inspiration wherever we can get it.  We aren't picky at this point.  A resource is a resource regardless of age or education).  Usually, Elizabeth shrugs and says "I don't know."  But on Sunday at Aunt Lynell's wedding, Elizabeth offered her first suggestion.  Elizabeth feels we should name the baby "Coco."  And yes, she is well aware that BBH is a boy.  Coco. 

Elizabeth's 2nd favorite question (besides "how is the baby doing?") is: "what is the baby doing in your belly right now?"  I usually tell her that baby is napping, resting or dancing.  Sometimes I tell her that Baby is having a snack (which always makes her giggle for some reason).   But this past weekend, Elizabeth said "maybe the baby is riding a tricycle."  She proceeded to bring the tricycle theory up several more times over the course of the weekend.  It's genius really- I love picturing BBH (in his uber-tiny, skeletal glory) riding around in circles on a tricycle in my uterus. 

Finally, I asked Elizabeth this past weekend if she would help us decorate the baby's room. This is how the conversation went:

Aunt Aly:  "Elizabeth, would you mind helping Blake and I decorate the Baby's room?"

Elizabeth:  "Sure!" (::big smile::)

Aunt Aly:  "What colors should we use?"

Elizabeth:  "I don't know."  (::cute shrug along with concerned facial expression::)

Aunt Aly:  "Maybe we should decorate the room blue and green since Baby is a boy."

Elizabeth:  "What about pink?"

Aunt Aly:  "Pink is a girl color."

Elizabeth:   "But what if his favorite color is pink?"

Aunt Aly:  (::dumbfounded silence::)

I suppose Miss Elizabeth has a good point.  When distant-cousin-Fran-from-Seattle last saw me at the family reunion (before we knew the sex of the baby), she asked whether she could "place her hand on my womb" to see if she could "feel" the baby's gender (Fran is a self-proclaimed animal psychic/healer).  Fran told me that BBH is a girl and that she felt strong feminine vibes emanating from my womb.  I'm pretty sure the doctors and sonograms aren't mistaken about BBH being a boy, but who knows- maybe he'll love pink due to all of those strong feminine vibes that he is giving off!

Here is a somewhat recent picture of Elizabeth, demonstrating her effortless cuteness:

1 comment:

  1. This post had me laughing. I love Elizabeth quotes - they crack me up. She's so stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete