Saturday, October 1, 2011

28 Weeks

I can't believe it is October.  If it is October, that means that the next month is November, which is followed by December.  Ryder will arrive in December (barring very unforeseen circumstances). 

Last night, Blake and I went to Dallas to enjoy a shabbat dinner at Marcia and Seth's house.  A good time was had by all.  Dinner was delicious and I brought my chocolate chip cookie dough dip dessert, which seemed to be a hit.  By the end of the meal, Marcia and I were both complaining that we had over-stuffed ourselves and triggered some unpleasant acid reflux.  Like I said, a good time was had by all.

Here is a picture of Marcia (almost 18 week) and me (28 weeks).  Personally, I think that it looks like my belly is going to eat Marcia's belly (pac-man style).  Maybe Ryder is just showing off since he'll probably be a shrimp compared to Baby Kaufman (if Baby Kaufman is a boy, that is) once these kiddos arrive.  After all, we don't exactly have tall genes to pass along to him.


This morning, I made it through my pilates class (just barely), and my mom and I headed to North East Mall to do some shopping.  I wanted to find something cute to wear to my baby shower(s).  Fort Worth's maternity selection borders on pathetic.  So off we went to Destination Maternity.  It sucked.  It looked like a dump-hole for reject items from Pea in the Pod and Motherhood Maternity.  Needless to say, we were disappointed. 

My mom and I decided to be aggressive and spontaneous.  We hopped in the car and re-routed ourselves to Dallas.  We headed straight to Pickles and Ice Cream at Preston Center in Dallas.  It was much, MUCH better.  Lots of cute dresses to choose from.  The stuff there is pricier, but the selection is great, the store is well-organized and aesthetically pleasing and the girls that worked there were super helpful.  I promised myself (in advance) that I'd just choose one dress, but low and behold, I left with two.  They are cute and I am satisfied.

AND, the icing on the cake (quasi-literally):  Pickles and Icecream just happens to be directly across the road from Sprinkles Cupcakes.  My mom and I decided we needed to indulge in a well-deserved, post-shopping cupcake.  Delish:



And my 28 week belly pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment