Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Mexicans

The Moses family refers to our relatives from Mexico as "The Mexicans."  This reference typically elicits giggles and/or strange facial expressions from others.  But this is what we have always called them.  The Mexicans are very near and dear to our hearts.  We love to see them and don't get to see them often enough.  Anita and Orly traveled to Fort Worth for Aunt Lynell's wedding (Labor Day weekend).  Orly brought her youngest child, Gabriel, who is approximatley 18 months old.  Anita is Zadie's first cousin and she is like a grandmother to me.  We have a very special bond and I love her MUCHISIMO.

For those non-family members that are reading my blog, let me go ahead and answer the question on the top of your mind:  Yes, yes there are Jewish Mexicans. 

Anyway, Anita and Orly both knew that I was pregnant but did not yet know the sex of the baby.  Both of them (separately) took one look at me and guessed I was having a girl.  According to Mexican old wives tales, which differ from the American ones, I am carrying like BBH is a girl.  They were both surprised and delighted when I told them that BBH is all boy.  Anita hopes/want to come in for the Bris.  I hope that she can truly be here for such a special event, but I won't get my hopes up, as it gets harder and harder for her to travel due to age and age-related ailments. 

Anita made BBH a very special sweater, which she wants him to wear home from the hospital.  It is white since she did not yet know the gender when she made it.  Something blue needs to be added to it to give it a masculine flair. 

[Insert picture of sweater]

Here is a picture of Anita with me and Blake (and BBH).  I want BBH to know that his special relationship with Anita and the other Mexicans started before his birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment