Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Baby Shower #1

My first baby shower took place on Sunday, October 9th (2-4pm) at sweet, super-pregnant Emily's house.  I was almost 30 weeks pregnant.  I had been looking forward to the shower for weeks, and it totally lived up to my expectations (plus some).  My amazing hostesses did an awesome job.  The decorations were adorable.  It was especially fun to see "Ryder" banners and other monogrammed items.  It hadn't been all that long since we chose a name, so it still gives me a little thrill to see his name on things.

I owe major favors to Gara (another hostess) as we was kind enough to put her photog skills to use.  She took lots of fun pictures during the shower.  Here is a sampling of some of my favorites:
BFF Marcia (one of the hostesses) made this precious diaper wreath


Dark chocolate fondue fountain = My hostesses really know me

The beauty on the left is Amanda.  The beauty in her arms is Maryn Hill (Gara's beh-beh).

Love seeing Ryder's initials because it reminds me that he is named after the greatly-loved and missed R.D. Moses



No explanation necessary...



Shock resulting from uber-tiny newborn onesie. 


Ryder's first monogrammed gift - thanks Megan G.!

Chatting it up with my mama, Megan G. and Sara E.

Family (cousin Whitney, sis-in-law Lauren, and cousin Ellen)

Towering over my mother in big heels.  Why am I still wearing heels at 29/30 weeks pregnant?  I do not know.

Pregnant chicas.  Emily (far left) only remained this way for 4 days after the shower.  Then she welcomed Abigail Jane into the world.  Rachel is also due on Dec. 23rd.  Our boys will be life-long buddies.  Marcia is due a mere 10 weeks after us and is also having a little dude.  Go team blue!

I am forever grateful to have such amazing friends.  These are my hostesses and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment