Monday, November 21, 2011

Maternity Shoot

As some of you may already know, I was very, VERY hesitant to agree to a maternity shoot.  I'm big.  And as sweet as the "you're all belly" comments are (and as much as I enjoy hearing them) - they are CRAP.  The mirror doesn't lie.  I've grown everywhere.  I've mostly made peace with my growth though.  I'll lose the weight later.  For now, I'm focused on nurturing Ryder and letting my body do its thing.  Apparently my body wants to expand all over... so be it. 

Anyway, my sweet friend Gara is a very talented photographer, and she has been pushing maternity pictures all along.  In her eyes, pregnancy is a beautiful miracle and should be documented as such.  After much prodding, she finally convinced me.  Blake and I dutifully presented ourselves for a mini photo shoot with Gara on Saturday, November 5th.  I was just over 33 weeks pregnant.





Evidence of our need to incorporate an elephant.

Ode to Zadie (Ryder's namesake) and his love of trains.













No comments:

Post a Comment