Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ryder's First...

Today (Easter Sunday, as a matter of fact) I finally heard Ryder giggle for the very first time!  I was tickling his feet and making obscenely silly noises/faces while doing so.  Apparently I succeeded in making a big enough fool of myself.  Either that or I have a very ticklish kiddo on my hands.  Either way, Ryder finally laughed.  Luckily, daddy and cousin Whitney were both there to witness the milestone.  Blake ran for the video camera, and while we were able to capture a second giggle on video, it wasn't nearly as good as the first one.

Now I know why parents make ridiculous fools of themselves by jumping around, making absurd faces and noices, wildly gesticulating in their kids' faces, and generally acting like jackasses.  The end result is worth it.  There is nothing like a baby giggle. 

If I can ever figure out how to post a video that has been taken on a camcorder (rather than an iphone), I'll post the evidence.  Until then, you'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment