Friday, August 5, 2011

Baby Boy stole my sweet-tooth

8-5-2011
Perhaps the strangest thing about this pregnancy has been my lack of a sweet tooth. For the first 18 weeks of pregnancy, I was entirely uninterested in sweets. If you are reading this blog, it probably means that you know me. If you know me, then you obviously know that I'm a chocolate-fiend. Dark chocolate to be exact. But I'm not a complete dessert snob. I'll eat most sweets without any hesitation. However, for my entire first trimester and a good chunk of my second trimster, I simply wasn't interested. I thumbed my nose on a daily basis at the tub of chocolate candy that my law firm keeps in the break room. I literally didn't eat a single piece for 18 weeks straight. Prior to pregnancy, I had to limit myself to 2 small pieces a day. What a weird, weird change. I guess I was too busy craving pickles and salty things.
What gives Baby? Suddenly I hit the 18 week mark and I want sweets again? Yum... ice-cream. Yum... chocolate covered pomegranate candies from Costco. Yum... cookies and cake and donuts and candy. Darn you sweet tooth! This certainly won't help my weight gain during the remainder of my pregnancy.
Oh well... what can a pregnant girl do? Certainly, if Baby wants me to start eating sweets again then I can't refuse. Baby gets what baby wants. Spoiled little guy.
P.S. Baby is half-baked today! Can't believe I'm halfway through my pregnancy. Baby is the size of a freaking cantelope this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment