Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011


Baby boy is half-baked today!





I can't believe that my pregnancy is half-way over. I have at least one exciting update: I have not puked since July 29th, which means I have officially had an entire pukeless week. It is a freaking miracle! Thanks for finally letting up on your mama, BBH!

General Pregnancy Update:


How far along: 20 weeks

How big is baby: According to my anatomy ultrasound, baby weighs 12 ounces and measures exactly on track. The Bump tells me that he is now the size of a cantelope, which I find a bit hard to believe.

Total weight gain: I've gained 7.5 pounds. I'm quite pleased with my weight gain at this point and a bit more hopeful that my body won't completely blimp up during this pregnancy. Let's just wait and see what kind of damage is done on the Alaskan cruise (I leave in less than a week!). I fully intend to indulge.

Belly button & Stretch Marks: No strange belly button mutations or stretchies yet (thank god!). I'm happy to sport a normal "innie" for as long as possible.

Last Dr's Appt: My last appointment was August 8th (I came back to add this part a few days after initiating my 20 week blog post since my doctor appointment wasn't until 20 weeks, 3 days). It went really well. I enjoyed seeing Baby Boy during the anatomy scan, and it was very interesting to examine each of his organs. I saw the 4 chambers of his heart, his brain, profile, kidneys, bladder, etc. The ultrasound machine makes baby (and his parts) look huge, but in reality, his heart is only the size of a quarter right now! I also had a nice visit with Dr. Bradford. She is happy with my weight gain. She also signed off (officially) on my Alaskan cruise. She is thrilled that I have finally bid the morning-sickness farewell and that I am only getting headaches once or twice a week (rather than daily).  ***See bottom of page for pics from the anatomy scan***

Maternity clothes: I have fully converted to maternity clothes with the exception of a few regular work dresses that are still working. I'm still in love with my maternity jeans and have bought a second pair.

How am I feeling: Oh my god... so much better. I haven't puked in over a week. My headaches are much less frequent. My appetite is at full force. Energy level is pretty good (I still tire easily but don't need naps like I did during 1st tri).

Mood Swings and Food Cravings: I think I am past my pickle cravings, but I am still enjoying yellow mustard and soup. As you will see from a separate blog post, my sweet-tooth is back and I'm digging icecream. Not yogurt. ICE-CREAM. Baby likes the real deal.

Milestones: I can feel baby move and kick daily now. I love it! I consider my lack of morning-sickness a major milestone too.

What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to getting out of this heat! It has been over 100 degrees for 30+ days now, and I'm freaking sick of it (as is the rest of the state of Texas). Alaska, here I come!

Preparations and decisions being made: We've moved out of the Townhouse and into my parents' house (temporarily). Hopefully we'll be moved into the new house within 2 weeks from now. I can't wait! Once we move, i'll start nursery planning/decorating. We also have a pretty great "short list" of names for BBH but haven't settled on anything yet. My friends and my mom's friends have started discussing my baby shower(s), and I'm so excited!



Label probably unnecessary... picture speaks for itself

1 comment:

  1. You should only eat Blue Bell so it's a true Texas baby! (that's what my mom did with me...maybe YOU can have a 10 pound baby too!)

    ReplyDelete