Saturday, July 16, 2011

My baby's future best friend

Saturday, July 16th:


Today I found out that my best friend in the world is pregnant! Squeeeeee!!!!!! I couldn't be happier or more excited!

 
She is only 7 weeks along and it is still a huge secret, but I don't plan to "publish" this blog until after she is "out of the pregnancy closet." So at least I can go ahead and share my excitement here even though I can't share it with anyone in real life.


Her baby will be approximately 10.5 weeks younger than mine. They will doubtlessly be besties for life. Marcia and I have been discussing/dreaming up our life plans since high school. We'd get married to nice Jewish boys (check), our husbands would become close buddies (check), we'd all settle down in Fort Worth (still working on this) and we'd have babies together (check!!!). Damn we're good. Some people may have scoffed that we were only dreaming... but we sure knew what we were doing! Don't underestimate the power of dreaming + planning + luck + fate.



Can't wait for Baby Halpern and Baby Kaufman to meet!

Marcia and Seth revealed their news in such a cute way. They gave me a present to open (ostensibly, BBH's first baby gift). I unwrapped the box to find the adorable onesie (pictured below) which says "Baby H + Baby K = BFF"


At first, I just thought that M & S were saying that their future baby would be my baby's best friend. But then it suddently hit me that the gift could be a pregnancy announcement. I don't know why I'm trying to explain how the scene unfolded... simply see the video evidence below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment